January 06, 2013

Starting 2013 Right

Now that the Christmas season is OFFICIALLY over, it's about time to shake things up and actively make good things happen for the new year. I know it shouldn't take the shift between years to start things, but it is a good, symbolic reminder to get things going for good change.

So first things first: the Abi Sexier Project 2013 starts tomorrow! The 2012 iteration proved to be quite successful for a few months (until my whole life started to revolve around work and I got really affected by its stress) with me hitting the treadmill 20 minutes a day, 5-6 times a week; starting pole; and significantly cutting down on my portions. But because of stress eating and a retrogression into a mostly sedentary lifestyle, before I knew it I had gained back most of the 15 lbs that I lost in 2 months.

So tomorrow, I'm starting again. Albeit slowly, I'm starting again. Now I'm warming up to the idea of having a friend whip my ass into shape. I'm a little scared because I've heard that he is a tough teacher, but whatever. Shit needs to get done.

Two: With the Sin Tax Bill (Law? It's been passed, right?) raising cigarette taxes, I'm going to quit smoking. I'm not a heavy smoker to begin with, and I can go without smoking for long periods of time, so this isn't going to be a problem.

Three: Skin-care. Given that I am a beauty junkie, I constantly try on new stuff. And that kind of practice really gives your skin a beating. So aside from regularizing my skin regimen, I'm going to start taking proper care of my skin. My Mavens have been reprimanding me for not wearing SPF, so I'm giving in. But hey, don't think I didn't try before. I've tried a few formulas, but they always caused my skin to break out.

But then I found this product that I am more than optimistic about! I got myself a tube of Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunscreen.


It is supposed to be "mild as water," and if it's good enough for babies, it should be gentle enough for my breakout-prone skin. Besides, Aveeno is notorious for being able to solve all your skin problems. This also starts tomorrow, and I will get back to you in a few days on how it goes.

UPDATE: A few days into it, and the results have been good so far! Nary a new pimple nor some new layer of grease sitting upon my face. I really appreciate that it doesn't have that sandy sunblock scent, which I usually love but depresses me to smell when I'm not actually at the beach.

And although the formula is white, it dries invisible, so you don't have to worry about getting a weird white film on your face.

This and a full line of Aveeno products are available at S&R.

How about you? What are you doing for the new year?


No comments:

Post a Comment