May 25, 2011

Ella Fitzgerald and this pitter ’n patter ’n beatin’ ’n spatterin’ drivin’ me mad

The weather's been crazier than usual in bipolar Manila. At the heaviest point of this afternoon's deluge, I could barely see the Pinoy Big Brother house and the castle in front of my office. 


Today is the exception because I'm new at my job and am impressionable and willing to impress, but on any other day like this, I'd much rather stick to my (literally) old-school practices and stay home, curl up under the my thick, leopard-skin comforter with a movie on. Alas, my comforter is at the dry-cleaners and I am at the office. The alternate is to put on The Ventures' "Sleepwalk" but I've worm that record out.

My sister Ella Fitzgerald is going to preach it for us with a live, more-gorgeous-than-the-studio version of the 1933 song "Stormy Weather," all the way from 1975. Just Ella and Joe Pass' guitar

Ella Fitzgerald feat. Joe Pass, "Stormy Weather"

Here's another flood favorite from the same performance:

Ella Fitzgerald feat. Joe Pass, "Cry Me A River"

No comments:

Post a Comment